Monday, March 10, 2014

Rainbow Craft

This is such an easy, fun craft to do with your preschooler or even toddler. We also read the book Minnie's Rainbow to go along with our rainbow theme.


Here are the supplies needed to make this craft:
1. Construction paper for each of the rainbow colors
2. Paper plate cut in half
3. Cotton balls
4. Glue
5. Hole punch
6. Yarn or string

I didn't have my preschooler cut the strips for this craft but this is a good opportunity to practice those scissor cutting skills! Once the strips of paper are cut have your child glue on each piece of paper to the backside of the paper plate.  Gluing is also good practice for fine motor skills.


This next step is my daughters favorite part, gluing on the cotton balls!  I only take out as many cotton balls as I think the plate should hold otherwise Tiffany would happily use up our entire bag of cotton balls!


Lastly, I used a hole puncher and punched a hole near the top of the paper plate, strung through a piece of yarn and their you have it!  An easy, fun, colorful craft to welcome spring!











No comments:

Post a Comment