Saturday, January 25, 2014

Frozen Plates



I really like when I can find activities that both my 8 year old son and 3.5 year old daughter can do and enjoy together.  With them being almost 5 years apart that can sometimes create a challenge.  With the snow and freezing cold temperatures my son has been home multiple days this past week due to school cancellations.  We were talking about snow and ice and the temperatures that cause all of this to occur.  Then I found this really neat idea on Red Ted Art. We put some pieces from our bushes outside and some small sticks along with a piece of yarn into a paper plate, filled with water and put outside on our patio table.


The next morning we woke up to this!  


Of course I had popped it out of the paper plate first and hung it on our chair so that we could easily see it from the house.  Needless to say it's still VERY frozen!

What kind of winter crafts are you up to?


No comments:

Post a Comment